An Ayurvedic Management of Cholelithiasis- A Case Report
Background: There are several diseases which arise in gall bladder and one of them is gall stones (cholelithiasis). The prevalence rate is difficult to work out because calculous disease is often asymptomatic. Cholelithiasis has become one among the foremost common diseases of the biliary tract. approximately 80 percent of gallstones contain cholesterol and therefore the remaining 20 percent are pigment stones, which consist mainly of calcium bilirubinate. Case Report: A 35-year male patient approached complaints of heaviness of abdomen, mild intermittent abdomen pain, nausea and with ultrasonography report which was suggestive of cholelithiasis of 4.7mm. Conclusion: The patient was diagnosed as Pittashmari and treated with ayurvedic medicine. With the help of Ayurvedic treatment protocol, the patient was free from 4.7mm cholelithiasis within 2 months of treatment and also improvement was observed in symptoms like the heaviness of the abdomen, pain in the abdomen, and nausea.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Ayurvedic Medicine
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The author hereby transfers, assigns, or conveys all copyright ownership to the International Journal of Ayurvedic Medicine (IJAM). By this transfer, the article becomes the property of the IJAM and may not be published elsewhere without written permission from the IJAM.
This transfer of copyright also implies transfer of rights for printed, electronic, microfilm, and facsimile publication. No royalty or other monetary compensation will be received for transferring the copyright of the article to the IJAM.
The IJAM, in turn, grants each author the right to republish the article in any book for which he or she is the author or editor, without paying royalties to the IJAM, subject to the express conditions that (a) the author notify IJAM in advance in writing of this republication and (b) a credit line attributes the original publication to IJAM.